As I was just lazing around few new blogs, I stumbled up on The Girl Next Door. And the first thing that caught my eye was a Food Tag post, given food lover that I am, I wouldn’t let go without doing this and then she had declared this open for whoever was interested in taking up 😀
1. What is the first dish that you cooked?
The first ever dish I prepared was Shahi Panner Kurma which I had watched on some cookery show. That’s when a series of cooking disaster started in my life. One of the ingredients that had to go into it was onion paste, which back then I didn’t know had to be saute-ed till the pungent raw taste is gone, but I just stirred it for a while and added the panner cubes. I sure don’t have to tell any beyond how it would have tasted.
2. What is the first dish that you cooked for your better half? (If you are not married, you can tell us what you are planning to cook for him/her)?
I love love fish. And I think its the most easiest thing to cook. Less efforts but absolute bliss. So I’m going to please my to-be-better-half with some yummy, subtle grilled fish. I think I will serve him a fillet and have the rest of the bowl to self 😀
3. Which food were you reserved to try first but then liked later it since you acquired the taste?
Cheese. I remember I was a kid when I first tasted it and I loathed it to the core. Fast forward to date, I would say CHHHHEEESSSSEEEEEEE…..soo yummmmmmm. I deeply believe cheese is the last word of gastronomical delight :-D.
4. What is your comfort food?
Rice in any form, preferably biryani. Panner with roti. Greens cooked in daal or sauteed with garlic.
5. Which dish of yours you like the best?
I don’t think I will ever be as good a cook as foodie I’m. But but I think I make the best of kind ginger tea.
6. Which dish of yours your family likes the best?
They would be happy if I never set my foot in the kitchen. But I presume that my sister loves my panner kebab.
7. What is your favorite street food?
I love everything that’s straight from street. Pani-poori, kachori, bhel.. every item of it.
8. Tell us about any of your kitchen disaster story.
Okay this was a recent one. I mentioned earlier that roomies and I were cooking our own food, and that day on the list was idly upma. Our cooking is usually done by whoever is free for the moment. Which is like this – M inaugurates the ceremony and goes on to iron her clothes. I stir for a while and carry on for bathing. MA ends up in taste valuating and filling’ in the boxes. So on this particular day the other two were busy so I had to make the decision of all ingredient quantities that went into upma, which I think is my Achilles’ heel. I had put so much chilli powder that even fire extinguisher would fail to soothe.
9. Any one or two food confessions 😉 😉
– I am a vegetarian by caste but non vegetarian by choice. But Dude I am still a vegan okay!
– I always wanted to marry a chef. But I realized that all good cooks are either married or already taken off.
– A bit of dessert after lunch/ dinner is a life saver for me.
10. Apart from basic stuff, like milk, yogurt, veggies what you have in your fridge or in pantry? (Name any 3 items)
Amul Cheese spread, panner, chocolates… that’s all nothing much.
11. Any food related or cooking resolutions for this year?
Eat healthy. Explore more varieties.
12. In our custom when you goto Kasi, you need to give up one of your favorite veggie and fruit. So you cannot eat that veggie or fruit from then on. Which one you would you give up? (It should be your favorite one)
Hey this is something I heard of. My grand parents had given up Jack fruit. Me??… I don’t think I’ll ever go to Kasi.
13. You need to prepare a 3 course meal for a party? What dishes will be there in your menu?
Fish-Steamed rice in mint flavor-Paneer gravy to go with it. Or. Grilled Panner- Steamed rice- Chicken gravy to go with it. Depends on my husband-to-be actually 😛
**If anyone has something to share on this tag, you are most welcome to take up. I would love to read them 🙂